Friday, October 9, 2009

We Day!

As you might already know, on Monday, October 5th in Toronto there was a presentation at the Air Canada Centre. This event was called We Day. Motivational speakers came in and spoke about world poverty. Also there were special presentations, such as Hedley, Justin Bieber and the Jonas Brothers. Over 16 000 people attended We Day in hope to help make the world a better place. 

On the way to We Day i honestly thought that I would sit there bored to tears. When I walked into the stadium at the Air Canada Centre everyone, and I mean every single person, was cheering. This got me pumped and exited for We Day. The co- hosts for the event were Ben Mulrony and Tanya Kim. Some of the speakers were Craig and Mark Kielburger, Spencer West, Pinball Clemens, Robert Kennedy Jr. and many more. Personally my favorite speaker was Jessi Cruickshank from the MTV Aftershow. She went to Kenya and stayed with a nice family who treated her amazingly and gave her everything they had. In Kenya each family slaughters one goat a year and the family Jessi was staying with slaughtered theirs for her. She was a vegetarian and felt horrible that they slaughtered a goat for her and she couldn't even eat it, so they asked her to drink the blood right out of the goats neck. She didn't want to and by then was crying. Then a man came over and wiped away her tears. Then she realized how much they cared for her and how much they had done, so she got down on her knees and drank the blood right out of the goats warm neck. 

This event really helped me open my eyes. One of the speakers was a born parapalegic who strived to make a difference even with no legs. This really stood out to me. I think We Day was very inspiring and I recomend if anyone ever gets the chance to go they definitly should. It is a life changing experiance that I will never forget.

Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment