Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Basketball

When I was young, my dad enrolled me in many sports. Hockey, football soccer. I thought they were alright except for hockey, because I couldn't skate. One day, I asked my dad if he could put me on a basketball team, because basketball looked like a fun sport. He thought about it and after I begged him for a few days he said yes. When I got to my first practice, I didn't like it because all we did was run. All I had seen in basketball was dribbling and shooting, so that's what I wanted to do. When I went home I asked to quit, but my dad said I couldn't because I was committed to the team. Luckily, when I arrived to the next practice that is exactly what we did, and ever since them basketball has been my favorite sport.

I have been playing basketball since I was about 6 and I can't get enough of it. I don't think I have gone a week without playing basketball since I was 6 either. I have played on about 15 different teams and have attended around 9 different basketball camps. Throughout the years my goals have to just have fun and become a great basketball player and so far I'm achieving my goals. Also, throughout my basketball life I have achieved many things such as being asked to play on high level teams, winning many competitions and prizes, winning medals and being MVP. I am proud of my achievements and plan on getting many more throughout my basketball career.

The reason I like basketball so much is because it is such a fast pace sport. Unlike hockey or soccer, where there is a goal every 20 minutes there is a basket about every minute. Also, there are many different ways of scoring such as dunking, shooting from close up, lay-ups, 3 pointers and free throws. In games that is what keeps me interested and having fun.

To conclude basketball is a great game and my favorite sport and it always will be my favorite sport!

I commented on Cassie's newest post

No comments:

Post a Comment